Sign up to receive exclusive discounts - Save up to 50% each time! Click here to sign up now.
If it’s your first order at GoNutrition, use the code MY2X53 at checkout for free protein. We’ll also get some referral points which will be used towards prizes for free to enter competitions. It’s a win-win ?
Hi everyone. It’s Andrew here from www.musclesupermarket.com and today I’m going to be looking at whey protein. I have here a load of different flavour samples of Whey Protein 80 from GoNutrition.
As you know, we highly recommend whey protein concentrate if you are looking for a protein powder because it is reasonably priced and great quality. It’ll be good to see how the Go Nutrition Whey Protein 80 stacks up against its main competitors.
The first thing that jumps out is the large amount of unique and innovative flavours which are available. The current flavours are:
– Black Forest Gateau
– Blueberry Cheesecake
– Chocolate Orange
– Chocolate Peppermint Snaps
– Jammie Biscuit
– Key Lime Pie
– Maple Syrup and Pancake
– Rhubarb and Custard Sweets
– Strawberries and Whipped Cream
– Sweet Banana
– Triple Chocolate
– Turkish Delight
– Vanilla Ice Cream
This is an awesome list of flavours. The tried and tested strawberry, banana, vanilla and chocolate are available yet there are some great additions for those who want to try something a little different. The Black Forest Gateau, Peppermint Snaps, Maple Syrup and Pancake, Turkish Delight and Jammie Biscuit are stand out flavours which are completely different.
The ingredients and nutritional information for whey protein 80 is not going to differ much between the different retailers and suppliers. Let’s take a look at what Go Nutrition offer with Whey Protein 80. All the information you need to know is on screen at the moment:
– Per 25g scoop
– 19.5g protein
– 1.45g fat
– 1.2g carbohydrate
High in protein, and low in fat and carbohydrates – perfect! With the flavoured options, the protein content will reduce by about 3-6%. This is pretty standard so it’s nothing to worry about. Just keep in mind that if you want a higher protein, go with the unflavoured option. Natural colours and flavourings are used.
Mixing is simple – use one scoop (or more if you prefer) and mix with 150ml of water or milk. A shaker is an easy way of doing this. Mixing is fast and easy, just what I expected from GoNutrition. I’ll do a quick run through of each of the flavours:
– Black Forest Gateau – a striking berry flavour, but not too sweet, which is good.
– Blueberry Cheesecake – everyone loves cheesecake. A tasty blueberry with the cheesecake aftertaste.
– Chocolate Orange – Terries chocolate orange, anyone?
– Chocolate Peppermint Snaps – Essentially chocolate mint – great flavour but I imagine it may get a little bit much after a while
– Jammie Biscuit – reminds me of jammie dodger biscuits – jammy and tasty.
– Key Lime Pie – creamy with a hint of lime. This was enjoyable.
– Maple Syrup and Pancake – probably my personal favourite, pancake day all over again. May get a little too sweet after a while.
– Rhubarb and Custard Sweets – another interesting addition, similar to the sweets
– Strawberries and Whipped Cream – A twist on the standard strawberry flavour, strawberry with a creamy end
– Sweet Banana – A lovely sweet banana taste. One of the better banana flavours that I have tried
– Triple Chocolate – rich, not too sweet. Bang on.
– Turkish delight – This tasted different! I wasn’t a fan.
– Vanilla Ice Cream – much like a standard vanilla flavour, with a lovely creamy twist.
– Unflavoured – it doesn’t taste of anything!
Flavour is clearly where GoNutrition excel.
Onto another big point – pricing. As always, the bigger bag you buy, the more money you save and the cheaper price you will pay.
– Depending on the flavour, you can choose from 500g, 1kg, 2kg or 4.5kg.
4.5kg will be the best value. At the time of writing, 4.5kg of flavoured protein costs £51.47, which is £11.44 a kilo. It is a low price, and similar to the main competitors. Keep a look out for offers where you can save even more, then you really will be paying the lowest price.
Overall, Go Nutrition’s Whey Protein 80 is a solid product. The flavour list is very impressive, you certainly won’t get bored and there are choices for the adventurous and for those of you who want to keep it simple. I really enjoyed most of the flavours I tried; my main recommendation would be maple syrup and pancake. Try the jammie biscuit, too. It’s high in protein and low in carbs and fat. What more do you need? The protein mixes very well, and there is a scoop included. The GoNutrition package is also pretty cool as it has a ziplock. I only have the samples here so I cannot show you that. The price is low and it’s even lower when there is an offer on. I would give Whey Protein 80 from GoNutrition a 5 out of 5 stars. Definitely recommended.